We had our traditional birthday dinner for Grandpa Barry and Rae last night. It was so much fun. I sure do love these guys!
It is great to get together with Barry and Chris - and we feel bad that Grandma Marge has been sick and didn't feel up to coming with them. We missed her!
But it was a fun party!
I have sixteen years of this picture! Love it!
Okay - so the fun began with the opening of the gifts. Grandma Chris was determined to play the "what do you wish game" with the gifts, but she had a new rule about the wish. She was telling Rae that when the present was on her head, she had to tell the giver what she wished for them in the future. Rae was kinda dragging her feet with playing along, so Grandma was telling her to get with it and play and just kidding her. Well-- Rae decides to just get on with it and play the game - and starts by saying, "Good health"-meaning she wished Grandma good health for her wish. Well Grandma thought Rae said, "Good he #@ " and was being exasperated with Grandma and her game!
Grandma was really shocked at little Rae swearing back at her! She was beginning to wonder if this was the new sixteen year old Rae! When Rae figured out that Grandma misunderstood and was shocked she started laughing and laughing and we all did. It was pretty funny!
So they tried again - but really couldn't keep a straight face. Funny!
Rae had fun with the money machine they got her, and loved the earrings too! She wore them for homecoming.
How does every kid know that olives go on fingers?! Do they teach this in heaven? There must be lots and lots of olives in heaven!
So now it is Grandpa's turn for the game. You can see he's excited! : ) I think he's thinking of swearing too!!
Well, Grandpa did survive the game and gave all of us many great wishes. It was really nice.
We had a great evening with them.
As weekends go, this one was pretty darn fantastic!
Rae was looking grown up and beautiful and is such a great young lady - we are really proud of her. What is awesome is that the inner Rae is as pretty as her outside and that is what makes me smile.
Conference was amazing! The announcement of a temple being built here is almost too much to comprehend. It really makes me emotional to even think about it. It is such a big blessing. A life changing blessing for sure. I keep thinking about my Herrington cousins in Gila Valley - and finally I really understand how they must have felt-- having a temple announced, built and finally dedicated in their small valley. I was always so happy, glad and excited for them - but now I really understand the depth of the gratitude that they must feel. I am excited for the future!
And our dinner with Kelly's parents was so fun last night. They are also a big blessing in our lives. The support and love that they give us is fabulous and we feel it all the time.
We are truly blessed!








I am so glad you posted this. It was great to see Barry and Chris and Rae all having such a good time! How Fun! And I think Garrett is teaching olive lessons in heaven. Sounds like his kind of job :)
ReplyDelete