Reese, Brannen and I went with Grandma Chris and Grandma Marge to watch the soldiers do the gun salute at the Afton Cemetery on Memorial day, and then came back and decorated Garrett's grave and my Mom's grave. They looked great. I love that Grover cemetery. I love it because it is so beautiful, some of my favorite people are there, and because I walk there practically every day. It is awesome.
Grandma Chris is always great at explaining to my kids about Memorial day and what it is all really about. She is so patriotic and I'm glad that my kids have all gone with her throughout the years to the salute at the Afton cemetery. There are many Burtons buried there and you always see a Burton or two there to visit with. We missed giving Uncle Mel a hug there this year. But we did see Aunt Mary, and it was fun to go with Grandma Marge.
Bran was ready for those guns to be fired.
A couple of the nice soldiers, came over and gave Brannen the brass from the shot-off rounds. Little did they know that those happen to be his favorite things! We have collected many many of them up the canyon for his collection.
Ty Campbell was nice to come and say hi to Bran and pose for a picture. Bran thought his uniform was great!
Garrett's grave - all decorated.
We found this fun little turtle this year and thought that it needed bubble gum in it for sure!!
Such a beautiful headstone.
Mom's grave.
I always try and get a picture of the canyon too - because I know how much dad loves it! : )
Bran had fun running down the little hill right by the graves.
We miss Grandma and Garrett so much. It is nice to remember them and think about the fun we had with them, and think about how happy we will be to see them again.




Wow! I'm so lucky to have a sister like you. Thank you. I sure appreciate the flowers and bubble gum and butterfly and mostly the pictures. Thanks for 'babysitting' my little man!
ReplyDelete