Reese is eleven! Oh man! I can hardly believe it! Because of the big gap in ages between Bran and Reese, she kinda feels like my baby - because she was for so long. So it is kinda freakin' me out that she's growing up! She is such a sweet, fun girl. We are so glad she's a part of our family.
For her birthday this year she wanted to take some friends to swim in Jackson. So we planned a Saturday, called the friends, and off we went! Much fun to follow!
Well, we arrive at the pool in Jackson and see many buses parked out front. Oh no. Yep - the girls go and check and there is a swim meet today which means we can't swim until 4:00. It is now 1:00. If you only knew how many times this happens to me! Sheeesh! You'd think I'd actually pick up the phone and call the pool BEFORE I drive! In my defense - I always check the website to find out swim times and such - but apparently they don't actually post when special events come up. Note to self - CALL!!
So what to do now?!? . . . . .
Ah ha! Grandpa Jonesy's house!
So we head up to Trinity Ranch. Great idea! And it was! Grandpa let them play around the barn for a bit and then took them up to the hot tub. Oh the fun that was had! It was a cold, snowy and windy day - perfect hot tub weather!
Oh the fun! Then Grandpa let them walk around the main house and look around.
So actually the day worked out better than I planned. We went back to Jackson, went swimming as planned, ate some dinner, and then home. It was a great day!



No comments:
Post a Comment